Sunday, February 3, 2013

Spectators.




Do you ever have dreams where you are the one watching YOURSELF getting mauled by a bear or watching yourself kiss your crush in the middle of a baseball diamond as rain drops landed on your eyelashes? Sometimes I wish that in reality I could be the spectator or my own life. I wish I could be the one both in the game and the spectator. Spectators see everything- they have a completely different perspective than you do.

I have so many spectators in my life that have a different perspective than I do, and I’m confused on whom to listen to…should I listen to myself? Or the spectators who might see more than meet the eye? I have two different kinds of spectators in my life. First crowd= they are the ones who are there for me. They say what I want to hear. They might even be clueless to what’s going on in the game- but they are very aware of me and what I want them to say. They are there to support me. On the other hand the second crowd are the ones who are brutally honest with me. They see every aspect of the game. They are the ones screaming at me from the sidelines to open my eyes and keep them on the ball after a lousy mistake. They are the ones who are fully invested in me and in the game. They say what I NEED to hear, even if I don’t agree with them- their opinions are what I need to value.
Even though I wish I could get a new perspective, be my own spectator, and see all blindsides. It’s impossible. While I am in the game I only see out of my own eyes, no one else’s. But I just have to remember there is an empire in this game that is all knowing. The empire is the most important spectator of all.  He sees both sides of the field, he knows black from white. He knows what’s coming in your future- he knows what you need. All I have to do is focus on the purpose of this game and on Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment