Monday, February 25, 2013

My Sheild of Fears


I have a fear of losing my hair. A fear of opening the Pillsbury crescent rolls cans. I fear of a seagull pooping on my head. I have a fear of being awkward. I have a fear of the “hobo living in my basement”. I fear lady gaga. But these fears are dumb ones.  They don’t mean anything. Even though they are some of my fears- I don’t REALLY fear them.

The only things that I truly am fearful towards are permanent, heart wrenching, scaring, life changes. This is the kind of fear that I haven’t yet experienced- but that’s why I am so afraid. I fear of waking up one day finding out my dad passed away. I fear of receiving the news that someone close to me committing suicide. I fear natural disasters that destroy everything I have and everything that I am. I fear not being happy in life- being disappointed in myself. I have a fear of being abused- and being trapped. I have a fear of being betrayed.  I am afraid of losing things I take for granted .I am not really afraid of  seagull poop and Lady gaGa when I think about everything that COULD go wrong in my future.
My fears protect me. I am grateful for my fears.  

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment