Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Homeade Peach Ice Cream on Sunburned Lips.

I remember talking with God. Picking my mom out. I told God what I needed- but it was useless cause he already knew. I asked him to bless me with a mother of courage and strength. An angel that learns for her past and becomes more and more like you every day. A mother of gentleness and forgiveness. I remember telling him I really needed a patient mother, a mother to chase me up the stairs threatening to tickle me if I didn't do the dishes fast enough. I pleaded to have a mother of charity. A mother who was a mother to everyone. I remember asking god to give me a beautiful one. Because happiest ones are always the most beautiful. "God? I really need a mother who is understanding and comforting." I said. I remember God smiling back at me and saying, "sweet child, she is. I have prepared her well, and she's perfect." I asked for a mother that was the most like me. I wanted a mom that would be my best friend. I wanted a mother that I could trust- an honest mother that taught me and my sisters integrity. I want a mother that I want to be like. I am not ashamed, or disapointed in what god picked out for me. God chose a mother far beyond my expectations- I couldn't have made or chosen the mother I was thinking of. Only god could. God knew what I needed  even though I tried reminding him before I came here. He knew what I would face in this life and e he knew the perfect mother to accompany me.
As God looks down through the ceiling of our home he smiles and wraps his arm around his daughter, my beautiful mother and says. "Sweet child, I am proud of you. You are becoming the exact mother I intended for you." He smiles as he looks down and sees my mother wipe tears from her daughters cheeks when we are heartbroken. When her kids are giggling in the bathtub as she lathers are backs in baby soap. God smiles when we are singing around the piano praises of his name. He smiles when we have learned a lesson. He smiles when we come running when we smell her homeade wheat bread. He smiles when she burries our toes in the sand. God smiles when we embrace our mom in her arms and tell her thank you. Thank you for being you. He smiles because it only happens once in a while. My mother deserves everything and more. She will inherit heaven.
I love my mom more than I love homeade peach ice cream on sunburned lips. I love her more than I love dancing barefoot in wet grass. More than I love snowflakes on my eyelashes. I love her more than anything. God knew what mother I needed- and she's more than I ever imagined. Only a God could create mothers. And I hope to be a a fraction of what my mom is. I love you mom. I pray to God every night thanking him for blessing me with a mother like you.

1 comment: