Sunday, April 28, 2013

What Happened to the Present?


                                              
I’m worrying about how much sleep I will get tonight. I am thinking of all the homework I have to get done by third period. What’s for dinner? Am I free Saturday night? What am I going to wear on Tuesday? I am worrying about Prom- even though it’s still a week away. I can’t wait to wear the dress that makes me feel like a princess, but I know I’d rather wear leggings and a big t shirt with my hair falling out of my pony tail. I know I’m going to be wishing I was in sneakers. And I am going to be wishing I wasn’t strapped to my date the whole night- I’m not really the mushy romantic type- id rather be dancing with everyone like I didn’t have to impress. I wish I could just dance and no one would judge me if I was uncoordinated. I can’t wait for my hair to grow longer. I can’t wait for college. I think about packing up and moving- even though I don’t have to until September. I hope I have enough money to go through college. I can’t wait to graduate. Wait. What? Stop. Graduation is in a month and I am going to be wishing high school had lasted longer. I am going to be wishing I kissed more boys. I am going to be wishing I had time back on the dance floor with my…”prince?”. I am going to regret staying mad at my sister for taking my shirt to college. I am going to be wishing I spent more time with my family. I am going to regret worrying about fitting in during high school. I am going to wish I studied harder.

 

But you know what? During this post I have lived in the future and the past. But not once I was happy about the present I was living in. regrets make life miserable. They hold you back and won’t allow you to more on and keep moving forward. Regrets are the things that keep you In the past. Yet wishes are things of the future that are sometimes hard to control. Just let it happen. Just let life happen without regrets and to learn to live in the present. I realize that’s why high school went by so fast. I always had something to look forward to- but I never lived in the present. I want to enjoy high school and what’s left of it. I need to stop worrying about graduation and college- and just focus on the time I have right now. Cause there’s not much of it left.

1 comment:

  1. thanks for capturing how I feel and putting it so nicely. your words are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete