Sunday, April 21, 2013

Did It Hurt?


He stands there like a king high on his throne 
looking down on the rest of us thinking he can go around
shattering our esteem and crushing my heart.
little does he know i cringe when he smiles.
not because hes happy, but because
I used to be- when he looked and noticed me.
I realize I've been blind, but now i see.
i just want to know,
did it hurt him just as much as it hurt me?


that king didn't really notice me- you did.
it was you who cared and comforted.
it was you who was at the bottom of the food chain.
I should have listened to you.
I was better for you- but you weren't better for me.
I know I have to break your heart like he broke mine,
but its not easy.
its harder breaking than being broken.


I know you better than anyone else.
                       it hurts more knowing it hurts you.


the king made it look so easy- easy being heartless.
but i'm not a king, I know how it feels to be under the stampede.
please stop looking at me like I am a queen-
I don't deserve it- knowing my on us views are unchanged. 



1 comment:

  1. "little does he know i cringe when he smiles.
    not because hes happy, but because
    I used to be"

    I get you. I get this.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete