Friday, March 8, 2013

empty jar of wishes.

Running with the grass beneath palms of my feet. The moon light is enough light in contrast to the thick darkness surrounding me. There is always light above-even when it seems dim. I chase fireflies and put those wishes in my jar.  I can only see the fireflies when I am unable to see anything else.
Those fireflies are my wishes. I only have those wishes when I can’t see anything else. I am lost… so I wish.
I wish I was more confident. I wish I was smarter. I wish I wasn’t so passive. I wish I wasn’t afraid to speak my mind- (with the exception of this anonymous blog.)I wish I was able to get over my insecurities and enjoy life, for everything that it is and what it has in store for me.
I wish YOU wouldnt forget how important you are and how much you mean to me. I wish your pride wouldn’t get in the way of a happy life. I wish you were brave enough to follow your hopes and goals.
That’s what these wishes should be---HOPES AND GOALS. Wishes are only things that we are too scared to make happen, so we blame the faulty stars, candles, and fireflies when they don’t come true. Blame yourself.
 Empty your jar of wishes and fill it with hopes.
I hope I am forgiving. I hope I am one of those people that strangers look up to. I hope I’m one of those girls that walks into a room and brings light and happiness with her. I hope I am trusting and worthy of your trust. These are hopes. I am going to do something about it. Today.

3 comments:

  1. "Wishes are only things that we are too scared to make happen, so we blame the faulty stars, candles, and fireflies when they don’t come true. Blame yourself."

    I want to steal this entire part. But ain't nobody got time for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I wish I was more confident. I wish I was smarter. I wish I wasn't so passive." I feel exactly the same way. Love love love. Stolen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like you so much. I feel so many of the same emotions that you write about. But you write them out when I can't.

    "I can only see the fireflies when I am unable to see anything else."
    Ssttooolllleeennn

    Hhaa... Nelson

    ReplyDelete