Monday, March 11, 2013

You’re My Hero

Daddy, you’re my hero.

 You sang me lullabies about love

  I still remember every word.

My dad loved my mom to the moon and back

They still look at each other-the way I wish someday I will be looked at.

Mom and dad… you are my hero.

 

Dear high school kid that already carries his scriptures around,

You are my hero. Thank you for your example and being mission bound.

You have a light in your eyes- everyone can see.

You are the kind of person I want to be.

 

To the girl who hides her feelings- and puts on a smile,

You are my hero- your kindness to others goes on for miles.

She finds joy in others’ successes- and forgets about the world’s possessions.

I am a stranger to you, yet she’s still my friend- you will never know how much it meant.

 

You are my hero- though you may not think so.

You don’t expect recognition, a blue ribbon, or bow.

That’s why you are my hero- you have character and integrity.

Thank you for being you and reminding me of who I strive to be.

 

 

4 comments:

  1. You'll never know what this post did for me on such a bad day.
    Thank you Evan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was well said! thanks for being my hero and posting this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this post lots and lots. "You sang me lullabies about love

    I still remember every word."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Magnificant.I loved every line. People do the daily tasks and never get the recognition they unconciously desire. Well, you just did. As everyone should. Thanks for the compliments.
    This post was a breath of fresh air!

    ReplyDelete